Modern Languages Department Trip to Boulogne-sur-Mer – Friday 15th June 2017
Thank you for booking your child’s place on the Year 7 French trip to Boulogne-sur-Mer. Please now find below the final information regarding the trip.
- Pupils will need to be at school at 3:45 for the coach to leave at 4am prompt. The coach will return to school at approximately 11pm and parents will be contacted by their son/daughter once we are 30 minutes away. Please ensure your child has an up to date contact number with them for whoever is collecting them. We will also be updating the school’s Facebook page periodically throughout the day and put on details of estimated arrival times.
- Pupils should wear their school shirt and sweatshirt with their own choice of trousers/jeans and sensible shoes for walking. If students do not adhere to uniform expectations, they will not be taken on the trip. Please pack spare trousers/top as we have limited supplies in case of illness. Depending on the weather, students will also need a raincoat and/or sun protection.
- If required, students should bring their own travel sickness medication for the coach and ferry journey. If they suffer from travel sickness, please do ensure that they have had some medication before departure and that you let us know in advance in order that we can seat the students at the front of the coach. Students are also expected to bring a pen and a pencil to complete tasks in their workbook throughout the day.
- Your child will need to bring with them a bottle of water/juice and a snack breakfast to eat on the ferry. Please note that chewing gum and high energy drinks are strictly forbidden throughout the day. Lunch and tea will be provided.
The coach company allows only water on the coaches and no eating. We do therefore ask that students are not given unnecessary sweets or snacks, as students will be provided with food during the trip.
- You may wish to give your child 5-10 pounds (max 20 Euros) pocket money to buy some souvenirs during the day but there is no obligation to bring spending money. Euros will be needed for the town and pounds can be spent on the Ferry. Please remember that if students do bring money, or electronic devices, this is their responsibility.
- During the trip students are forbidden from buying items such as bangers, fireworks, knives or chocolate imitation cigarettes in France. Any inappropriate items purchased will be confiscated immediately.
During the day your child’s passport and EHIC card will be held by their group leader. Please note that all passports and EHIC cards should now be with the Finance Office. If this has not yet been completed, please arrange for this to be done as a matter of urgency so that the correct passenger manifest can be completed.
If you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are all looking forward to a fantastic day in France!