Nene Park Academy has adopted the philosophy and practices that have underpinned achievement in our partner school.
The school is therefore developing the systems and capacity to ensure that ‘Every child is supported and achieves’. The key elements here are :
- A dynamic curriculum that provides academic and vocational courses to meet the needs of every student;
- High quality teaching and support through our House/Curriculum team structures;
- Personal support for every student through the 1 : 4 ratio between the tutor and student;
- Effective monitoring of student performance against challenging individual targets;
- Robust support systems and flexible and effective intervention programmes.
The breadth of provision recognises the diversity of intake within a comprehensive school providing:-
- Accelerated and gifted and talented programmes starting in year 7;
- Timely setting of students in core subjects to ensure students are challenged at the right pace;
- A three year GCSE / vocational programme in years 9 - 11 providing;
a) High quality vocational courses with strong links to other schools, colleges and businesses;
b) A wide range of extra-curricular activities to both support and extend the core provision;
c) Alternative programmes including after-school school and Young Apprenticeships;
d) Leadership opportunities within the House teams and representing the school.