NENE PARK ACADEMY PUPIL PREMIUM MISSION STATEMENT
Nene Park Academy is committed to raising the achievement and narrowing the gap between Pupil Premium and Non-Pupil Premium students.
Key strategies include:
- An unshakeable belief and shared vision by all staff of achievement for all
- Rigorous monitoring of data and effective use of feedback, planning, support and interventions
- High quality teaching
- Working with parents to increase engagement and raise aspirations
The Pupil Premium is additional funding provided to English schools to enable them to raise the attainment of disadvantaged children. Students are eligible for the Pupil Premium if they have claimed free school meals at any time in the past six years, are in the care of the Local Authority or have been adopted from care since 2006. We encourage colleagues to use this funding creatively and imaginatively but responsibly and effectively in order to deliver improved outcomes.
Some of the benefits already enjoyed by Pupil Premium students at Nene Park Academy include:
- Reading books, revision guides and workbooks
- Items of uniform and equipment and materials to support learning
- Extra tuition outside the normal school day
- Subsidised educational trips and visits at home and abroad
- Musical instrument lessons
- Academic mentoring
- Extra support within lessons
- Regular information, advice and guidance
- Alternative curriculum provision
- Prioritised work experience
- Prioritised counselling
- Access to Educational Psychologist provision
- Family Support liaison
- Examination support
Our spending plans have been carefully designed to stimulate engagement, broaden horizons, develop skills, improve performance, facilitate participation, raise aspirations and maximise achievement in order to close the attainment gap between our Pupil Premium students and their peers. We keep our offer under continuous review, personalising the provision further as needed. With high expectations and an inclusive ethos, we strive to remove all barriers to achievement and happiness.
NPA’s Pupil Premium Spend for 2016/17NPA's Pupil Premium Spend for 2016/17.
For further information on how we use our Pupil Premium budget at NPA, please click on the individual sections below, which will give you more specific examples of how the money is used within each department.
Closing the Attainment Gap
There is a significant national gap between the attainment of Year 11 students who are eligible for the Pupil Premium and those who are not. Eliminating inequality of opportunity continues to be an extremely important priority for our school.
To find out more about how NPA supports its PP students and spends its funds, please clink on the links below:
– The Arts