This academy and the Cambridge Meridian Academies Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Our policies and procedures are based on the most recent government guidance and best practice.
Safeguarding and safer recruitment are key elements of our practice and as such all adults working at the Academy, either directly or through outsourced contract, receive the following support;
- Recruitment via a process involving a safer recruitment senior leader
- An enhanced DBS check before beginning work at the Academy
- Safeguarding training at the point of employment
- Update training on safeguarding and the PREVENT duty at the start of every academic year
- regular updates on specific issues relating to safeguarding, e.g. Mental Health support, On-line safety, CSE
The following are documents that inform our practice.Keeping children safe in education Working Together to Safeguard Children